Download: New IEA Report highlights global trends for Energy Resources
In 2011, global coal production grew for the twelfth straight year, global natural gas production increased by over 2%, and oil grew by 1%, but nuclear electricity production dropped by more than 4% due to a 9.2% decrease in OECD countries.
2011 in numbers for global resources:
- Global coal production increased by 6.6%
- Global oil demand increased by around 1%
- Natural gas consumption worldwide increased by 2.1%
- Global energy demand increased by over 3%
- OECD energy demand decreased by 1.9%
- OECD electricity production dropped by 0.9%
- There was a 9.2% decrease in nuclear energy supply from OECD countries
- The share of renewable sources in the total primary energy supply increased to 8.2% in OECD countries.