International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) @AIDSvaccine (4,919 followers)
- The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) is a non-profit, public-private partnership working to accelerate development of preventive HIV vaccines. IAVI tweet about the exciting updates in the IAVI’s work, and also about HIV vaccine development in general.
Shot@Life @ShotAtLife (8,140 followers)
- ShotAtLife educates, connects and empowers Americans to champion vaccines as one of the most cost-effective ways to save children’s lives in developing countries. They tweet about the ShotAtLife campaign to encourage the vaccination of children worldwide.
VaccinesToday @VaccinesToday (2,064 followers)
- VaccinesToday tweet about general news and opinions related to vaccines, and amass a number of news resources from around the web.
Orin Levine @OrinLevine (1,647 followers)
- Dr Orin Levine is the Director of Vaccine Delivery with the Global Development Program at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. See where he appears in our Top 50 Most Influential People in Vaccines. Orin tweets informally about interesting news and views in the world of vaccination and global health, particularly with regards to the Gates Foundation. He also likes fly-fishing, if you’re into that.
GAVI Alliance @GAVIAlliance (19,950 followers)
- The GAVI Alliance make it their mission to save children’s lives & protect people’s health by increasing access to immunisation in poor countries, so of course their tweets follow suit. GAVI tweet about the importance of vaccination, and the work of the GAVI Alliance.
PATH @PATHtweets (14,643 followers)
- PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. They tweet primarily about global health issues, and also about their work in vaccine development.
ONE @ONECampaign (683,848 followers)
- ONE is a grassroots campaign of 3 million people committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable diseases. They tweet about Millenium Development Goals, and also about the hope of vaccination in ending preventable diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur @sanofipasteur (9,410 followers)
- Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. They tweet occasionally about the work of Sanofi in vaccines, but mainly about vaccine-related news from around the web.
BioPortfolio Vaccine @Vaccine_bio (116 followers)
- The BioPortfolio Twitter feed tweets about the latest news, reports, research papers and clinical trials on vaccines. It’s a good source for aggregated news content, updated several times a day.
Sabin Vaccine Inst. @sabinvaccine (2,219 followers)
- Sabin have made it their mission to reduce needless suffering from vaccine preventable and neglected tropical diseases. The Sabin twitter account posts links to their blog and external sites, and tends to be related to the exciting work of the Sabin Institute.
Of course, the @vaccinenation Twitter account is always full of interesting information, and updated regularly!
What other Twitter accounts would you add onto the list? You can join our discussion on LinkedIn or leave a comment below, I’d love to hear what you think.