Innovative, Recombinant Vaccines Produced by Bacterial Expression
Innovative, Recombinant Vaccines produced by Bacterial Expression was the subject of the presentation made by Dr Alan Shaw, Chief Scientific Officer and Chairman of the Board from VaxInnate, when he joined us at the World Vaccine Congress 2012 in Washington. He discussed VaxInnate vaccines, which are biopharmaceutical grade proteins, highly potent vaccines without the use of adjuvant formulations. VaxInnate achieve vaccine potency by engineering recombinant proteins that specifically signal both the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system.
One of the key selling points of this research is its cost-effectiveness. It is fast, cheap and easy:
• Electronic sequence to DNA in a week
• Plasmid construct verified for expression in a week
• Protein purification in a week
• Release assays in two weeks
• New bottleneck, filling and packaging…
• Cost of goods is minor component
• Should relieve developing country concern over pandemic vaccine access
• Makes global influenza vaccination economical
Why not download the full presentation and find out more about the true potential of a bacterial cell lines:
- Understanding the true potential of a bacteria cell line of achieving results to meet the demands of a pandemic, in terms of timescale, scale and cost!
- Can e-coli ever become the main vaccine production cell line or will glycosylation get in the way?
Please free to comment and tell us what you think below!