Top 5 people to follow on Twitter for the vaccines industry
With over a billion tweets posted per week, and on average 460,000 new accounts opened per day, the twitter landscape can be quite confusing. Below are the top 5 people I recommend to follow on Twitter if you want up to date news and information on the vaccines industry.
1. @vaccinenation – Well, I couldn’t start a list without including myself, now could I? With over 400 followers, our posts follow news and issues happening in the vaccines community as well as relevant information regarding our global events.
2. @vaccinestoday – Vaccines Today is an online platform, supported by the European Vaccine Manufacturers (EVM), for discussing vaccines and vaccination.
3. @GAVIalliance- GAVI’s mission: To save children’s lives and protect people’s health by increasing access to immunisation in developing countries.
4. @sanofipasteur- Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines.
5. @vaccinewsnet- VacciNews.net provides up-to-date expert information to the public, media and health professionals to help them understand the real facts about vaccines.
For those of you just starting out on Twitter, beware of the group @therealvaccines, which is full of tweets from adoring fans to the band “The Vaccines”
So, if you’ve just started out on Twitter, I would recommend following the twitter handles above to get a great start. Do you have any others that should have been mentioned? Comment below.