HEPLISAV™ efficacy in the Hep B #vaccine field
Dr J Tyler Martin, President, CMO & Director, DynaVax joined us a few weeks ago at the 12th annual World Vaccine Congress in Washington DC to discuss his views on HEPLISAV™ efficacy in the Hep B vaccine field.
Dr J Tyler Martin talked us through the unmet needs in Hepatitis B Vaccination:
- • Existing vaccines require ~6 months for protection
5 -10% protected with first dose
20 – 30% protected with 2nd dose of conventional vaccines
• Reduced protection in patients with impaired immune responses
~67% protection in CKD, with 8 doses over 6 months
• Lack of compliance with 3 dose regimen over 6 months (0,1 and 6 months)
CDC statistics: 30% of subjects receive a 3rd dose
Some other key topics raised in his presentations:
• Identifying the next steps after recent positive data demonstrating Heplisav’s superior immune response
• Planned Phase III registration trial and Phase III lot-to-lot consistency trial
• What is on the horizon for US registration trials and European development strategies?
For the whole presentation and details on the above mentioned focus points, please download the presentation here.