Top 7 articles to prove that #NFC is beyond mobile money!
NFC technology receives a lot of press in relation with payments. However, there are many non-payment applications that thrive on NFC as well. In fact, the success of NFC payment applications is dependent on their compatibility with these non-payment applications.
Here are the some of the top uses of NFC in non-payments applications:
1. In the exchange of digital content: Richard Lawler wrote that NFC can be used in managing the exchange of music and Christopher Brown wrote about the use of NFC technology on multi-media data in concerts!
2. In healthcare: According to Sara Jackson, NFC is shaping the future of mobile health, or mHealth.
3. In smart advertisement: In another article by Christopher Brown, he found out that NFC technology is now applied on smart posters like that of X-Men’s, which enhances customer interactivity.
4. In loyalty programmes: In Sara Clark’s article, she wrote about Fidbook, an NFC loyalty application, which offers consumers quick and easy access to retailers’ loyalty programmes. It also offers retailers a cheaper and easier way to identify these customers.
5. In automotive applications: Horatiu Boeriu wrote that BMW car keys, is now equipped with NFC technology, allowing drivers to open doors or gates and make hotel or train bookings. It can even be used as a form of identification!
6. In physical access: In another post by Sarah Clark, she reported that LG Electronics plans to incorporate NFC in their launch of interactive TVs, security systems and more by 2012!
If you want to learn more about other uses of NFC technology, NFC World Asia 2012 is the event for you! The 7th annual Near Field Communication World Asia is the leading conference in Asia that is dedicated to NFC technology and brings together all key stakeholders from the Payments, Mobile Communications, Retailers and Merchants sectors. Don’t miss out on this event, register today!