Guest post: The best web conferencing software for online teachers and students
The opportunity to learn whatever and whenever you want is one of the main reasons why the internet is considered very useful and important. As long as you know where to look and how to verify the authenticity of your resources, the availability of resource materials is infinite. While the World Wide Web is full of valuable information, in reality, there is a lack of personal interaction.
Personal interaction can make a huge difference to how well an individual learns. Although there are some individuals who can learn on their own, there are also some who need the guidance of a teacher or a tutor. Before the internet, individuals who needed help with their education had to go out of their houses, travel and pay a lot for the service. Some even had to adjust to their teacher or tutor’s time so they can be accommodated. But fortunately, these days, thanks to the technology of web conferencing, individuals who need help or simply wish to learn, can now do so online.
Video conferencing is slowly changing the world of education. With the widespread popularity of the World Wide Web, anyone with an internet connection can now learn and even attend school. Due to this technology, the cost of education is considerably decreasing and is allowing more access to resources which were previously limited to libraries, colleges and universities. With web conferencing services, teachers as well as students no longer need to leave the confines of their own homes and pay for transportation.
The ways online classes are conducted vary. There are some which start with students registering and then studies and answers the materials the teachers assign. If they have questions and other concerns, it may take a few days before the teachers may get back to them. This way of conducting online classes is inefficient and decreases the learning speed. The other way to conduct online classes which are lately becoming popular is through the use of a web conferencing tool. By participating in a video conference, the teacher and student communication is constant and answers can instantly be addressed. This enhances the student’s learning process.
A web conferencing tool is a cost-efficient and practical way to conduct online teaching sessions. To help you get started with your teaching or learning, listed below are seven of the best web conferencing software you can use.
- Uberconference: Uberconference web conferencing tool is one of the conferencing tools to use to conduct online tutorial sessions especially if you are teaching a group. This tool is linked with the participants social media profiles which you could check out to learn more about them and even informs you of who is currently talking.
- Meeting Burner: Meeting Burner is also a good software to use to teach students. Signing up is free and once you are registered, you can instantly start conducting meetings and share your screen. It also offers other options such as recording and sharing.
- GoTo Meeting: This is an effective conferencing tool which allows you to easily organize online meetings and make use of tools which will allow you to work with students.
- Yugma: Yugma is a free software which allows any registered participant to straightforwardly share ideas through a shared desktop.
- Cisco Webex: If you consistently make use of files, presentations and other visual materials, this would be the best tool to use. Its video conferencing is even in HD.
- Vyew: Vyew is also an effective conferencing tool as it allows you to upload files and share content in real-time and makes them available for download to users who you grant access to.
- Skype: This is probably one of the most popular online conferencing software out there. Skype is free and allows you to conduct group video conference calling.
Thanks to the technological advancements and the availability of resource materials on the internet, a new form of learning made possible by web conferencing tools has emerged. Now, not only do businesses and companies benefit from them but the educational sector as well. Go through the web conferencing tools listed above to find the one which best benefits you and your students.
About the author: Justin works as a senior business analyst with a reputed IT company in NYC. He assists in client relationship management, setting budgets, planning strategies and producing solutions to every complex problem.