What are the future (NOW) workplace skills?
In the ever changing world where technology, education, demographic changes and the nature of work are all dynamic, what skills will we require to be able to make sense of whatâ€™s happening around us and to succeed. In exploring this topic The Apollo Research Institute identified 10 workplace skills we will require to succeed into the future(NOW). These include: (To access the full report click this link to the Report)
- Transdisciplinarity: literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines. More about transdisciplinarity.
- Virtual collaboration: ability to work productively, drive engagement, and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team. More about virtual collaboration.
- Sense-making: ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed. More about sense-making.
- Social intelligence: ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions. More about social intelligence.
- Cross-cultural competency: ability to operate in different cultural settings. More about cross-cultural competency.
- Cognitive load management: ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, and to understand how to maximize cognitive functioning using a variety of tools and techniques. More about cognitive load management.
- Novel and adaptive thinking: proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule-based
- Computational thinking: ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data-based reasoning
- New media literacy: ability to critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms, and to leverage these media for persuasive communication
- Design mindset: ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcomes
To what extent are these skills important for the future success of your business and how do you plan to skill up and equip the talent with these skills?