9 challenges of hospital supply chain operations
The Healthcare World Asia team has recently gathered opinions from hospital supply chain professionals on their perceived importance of optimizing hospital supply chain operations as a key focus of their organization and challenges they are facing.
46% of our survey respondents believe that optimizing hospital supply chain operations as a key focus of their organization right now is “quite important” while 15% stated “very important”. Both totals up to a significant 61%! This explains why we should take a closer study in this area and help them overcome the hurdles.
Here are the 9 challenges that hospitals are facing:
- Critical factors in improving inventory replenishment systems
- Balancing physical and financial constraints in planning, procurement and storage control
- Asset management with innovative technologies such as RFID
- IT solutions for healthcare supply chain management
- Effective housekeeping management in the healthcare settings
- Managing medical and surgical supplies
- Evaluating suppliers and distributors
- Revamping supply chain for the right cost savings: Logistics and storage control
- Streamlining waste management practices with internal and external stakeholders