- First class research infrastructure with a >50 year old Clinical Research industry with a Medical Control Council that operates to FDA and ICH standards
- An ideal mix of first and third world diseases
- Favourable exchange rate
- Wide public awareness about clinical trials
- A general need for doctors to find alternative income streams
- Good IT infrastructure allowing the production of consistent quality data
- Position of South Africa as a gateway to the rest of Africa
- Eager, experienced investigators who are trained to UK or US qualifications alongside South African qualifications
- Ease of patient recruitment where patients are treatment-naĂŻve
- Predominant language is English
Go to the Virtus (pty) ltd website to read the full article.
More about conducting clinical trials in Africa.