NBAD: Developing SMEs to stimulate economic growth
At Private Equity World 2013, Dr. Hani Shammah, Head of Private Equity and Project Development at NBAD, explained the importance of developing SMEs as a catalyst for economic growth in the region. Starting with an introduction to the Private Equity and Project Development Unit of Abu Dhabi with it’s own SME Investment and Development Fund, the presentation answered the following questions:
- How do SMEs stimulate economic growth?
- How does GCC SME financing compare to global SME financing?
- Who are the key stakeholders in developing new independent SMEs?
- What does the potential success of a new SME depend upon?
- What opportunities lie in the UAE for PE SME investments?
Download the presentation to learn more about how SMEs could affect the economic landscape in the GCC.
We had the pleasure of gaining valuable insights from Dr. Shammah at the event in March as well as our other great speakers at Private Equity, Asset Allocation and Hedge Funds World Middle East.
This year, the Middle East Investment Summit is bound to be a roaring success with more speakers and investors than ever before and it’s little sister Middle East Investment Roadshow launching in November. Don’t miss out – find out more by clicking here.