Who will be part of the Rio infrastructure development ahead of the games?
Rio is looking at an infrastructure overhaul ahead of the Olympics games in 2016, as well as the World Cup in 2014. After IOC President Jacques Rogge announced the games in 2009, the UK saw a successful summer of sport with the 2012 Olympic games in London.
Following on from this, UK architects are flocking to Brazil in a bid to win the work for Rio’s Olympic project. Who can we expect to see in the bid for the infrastructure investment into Rio?
- Maximiliano Arrocet – Amanda Levete Architects
- Amir Ramezani – Avanti Architects
- Lara Kaiser – Avanti Architects
- Carolynne Shenton – Avanti Architects
- Elizabeth Mullis – Brunel University
- Angus Morrogh-Ryan – De Matos Ryan
- José Esteves de Matos – De Matos Ryan
- Filomena Russo – Foster + Partners
- Matt Watts – Haworth Tompkins
- Mandeep Bajwa – Latchways
- Jorge Laico Regional – Mabey Bridge
- Craig Allison – Squint/Opera
Mark Prisk, housing minister, said Brazilian companies are looking for new systems, materials, and low carbon solutions for the World Cup, Olympic games and for Brazil’s other infrastructure projects.
Brazil is a fast and growing economy and the UK looking to invest in Brazil to grow business would be beneficial for the UK and Brazilian economies.
Find out more from the Architects Journal.
Keep up to date with the latest from Total Asset and subscribe to our e-newsletter to get content straight to you.