10 biggest private equity firms focused on Southern Africa Agri
Is there even such a thing as a “big” private equity firm focusing on Southern African Agri? Er… well here’s a top 10 for all you sceptics!
- African Agricultural Land Fund, $3.249bn
- Standard Bank Private Equity, $1bn
- Futuregrowth Agri Fund, $554m
- Carlyle Group Sub-Saharan Africa Investment Group, $500m
- South Africa Silverlands Fund, $450m
- Chayton Atlas Agricultural Company, $150-200m
- African Agricultural Fund, $135m
- Agri-Vie Agribusiness Fund, $110m
- Actis Africa Agribusiness Fund, $93m
- Advanced African Solutions, $250m (planned)
What do they all have in common? Backed by DFI money. What’s interesting? Silverfunds (Silverstreet Capital’s fund) is also backed by pension fund money!
Have a look at this superb report by Laurent Thomas, (Study on Private Equity in Agribusiness in Southern Africa)for details of structure, strategy, geo, and track records. A great read.