Why Luxembourg is a primary location for the establishment of infrastructure funds
Infrastructure funds and where should they be established. Do you want to find out why Luxembourg is a primary location for the establishment of infrastructure funds? Jean-Christian Six, Partner, Allen & Overy Luxembourg revealed all at the Infrastructure Investment World Europe last year.
In his presentation Jean-Christian Six talks about:
1. Luxembourg regulated infrastructure vehicles
- Overview of Luxembourg regulated infrastructure vehicles
- SIFs vs. SICARs
- Typical structure of an infrastructure fund set up as a SICAV-SIF or a SICAR
- Structuring flexibility (SIFs and SICARs)
- Part II Funds
2. Why Luxembourg?
3. Impact of AIFMD?
- Impact of AIFMD – Option A – Appointment of an external AIFM
- Impact of AIFMD – Option B – Internally-managed AIF